Monday, October 5, 2009

Wizard of Oz quotations (The movie)

Wizard of Oz: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Wizard of Oz: As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.

Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Tin Woodsman: Now I know I have a heart, because it's breaking

Dorothy: Weren't you frightened? Wizard of Oz: Frightened? Child, you're talking to a man who's laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe... I was petrified.

(Munchkin 1)We thank you very sweetly for doing it so neatly(Munchkin 2)You've killed her so completely,That we thank you very sweetly

As Coroner, I thoroughly examined herAnd she's not only merely dead,She's really most sincerely dead

We're off to see the WizardThe Wonderful Wizard of OzWe hear he is a Whiz of a WizIf ever a Wiz there wasIf ever, oh ever, a Wiz there wasThe Wizard of Oz is one becauseBecause, because, because, because, becauseBecause of the wonderful things he doesWe're off to see the wizardThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Ha, ha, haHo, ho, hoHa, ha, ha, ha, haThat's how we laugh the day awayIn the merry old land of Oz

Wicked Witch of the West: Just try and stay out of my way. Just try! I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

Wizard of Oz: You, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking. You are under the unfortunate impression that just because you run away you have no courage; you're confusing courage with wisdom.

For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!

Wizard of Oz: Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.

No comments: